Sunday, April 29, 2007

Northern VA living

It's been awhile since I last posted. I've been busy with moving into my new apartment and working. Work is going really well, and I am having a ton of fun. Over Easter weekend, my best friend came into town, and we had a wonderful time, including good food. We went to my cousin's house, and we had an Easter Egg hunt. I met my second cousin, and she and her husband are very funny. They told me about a dinette set, and I liked it a lot. So, I accepted. Needless to say, the next weekend, they delivered it to my apartment, and I am enjoying it.

My dad came up the weekend after Easter, and we had a splendid time. I got a half moon table, end table and night stand. I am loving all this new furniture. I got some cute paintings, and I have hung them up in my living room and bedroom. My dad brought back some cute decorative pillows, which I have finished stuffing with polyester fiber, and it is really nice.

Last night I had some people over for game night, and it was funny and lively. We are going to continue this tradition every month. I have made a few goals for the next six months. One goal is to lose 25 pounds by September. Since the end of February, I have lost 9 pounds (as of April 7), seven inches and two percent body fat. I joined Curves in beginning of March, and in one month, I lost 5 pounds, seven inches and the body fat. I am going to get weighed and measured around May 8. I bought a belt about six weeks ago, and I wasn't able to fit into it. However, on Friday, I was able to wear it. Needless to say, Curves works, but I am also walking 1.5 miles a day.

The other goal I have is to run 1.5 miles by my birthday in November. I am sure I will be able to accomplish this before then, but I wanted to make it a reasonable goal, especially since during the month of September and mid-October, I will be fasting for Ramadan, so I won't be able to work out as much. I started running the 1.5 mile course, and I think I ran about .25-.50 mile of it, and I felt really good. I had a lot of frustration going on, but I think it really helped by running.

The best part of this is my co-workers and family are being so supportive about my goals, and we are going to go out and celebrate when I achieve them. I am really doing these things for myself and for my health. Here's to my journey.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home