Saturday, December 24, 2005

Prayers to the Dungy Family

I wanted to send my condolences to the Dungy family during this time with the lost of their child James. He is the type of coach that always puts his family first, and his faith will bring him through this tragedy. I am a believer that faith helps all of us through rough times, and these incidents only make us better people.

I lost my mom at age 11, and it was a rough time for me. There are days when little things remind me of her, and I break down in tears. During this holiday season, I remember the days when she used to cook fruitcakes for people in our family. She used to buy 20 gallon cans to mix the ingredients. As a 9 year old, I remember digging my hands into the mixture and trying to stir the pounds of mixture.

The key to learn from this tragedy is to realize that family is very important, and one should spend time with them as much as possible. One shouldn't wait till an event like this happens for us to realize the importance of family. Even though we may have different relationships with our families, we need to keep in mind what they mean to us.

Hope everyone is safe this holiday season!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home