Saturday, November 26, 2005

Surviving Turkey Day

This year for Thanksgiving my family went to our good friend's house to eat turkey. We had lots of food including my mom's mac & cheese, my dad's green beans and potatoes, sweet potatoes, turkey, seven-layer salad, cranberry sauce (homemade and can-my favorite), stuffing, and deviled eggs. For dessert we had some sweet bread, pecan pie, pumpkin pie and key lime cheesecake. Needless to say, we had plenty leftovers, but it was a great meal.

After eating such a big meal, a couple of us played some football. Two kids from the neighborhood came over and these kids were fun to play with. This boy had a Vick jersey on, so we called him Vick, and the girl was spectacular, so we called her Mrs. Sidney Rice. Because we are Carolina fans, we had to name her after our favorite wide receiver. She scored half of our points, and my team won. I can stay I did some good blocking and a couple of nice throws. We all took turns being qb.

After a game of football, we ate dessert. It was great. The young people proceeded to go to see Ice Harvest with Billy Bob Thorton and John Cusack. It was a very interesting movie. There were some funny segments, but sometimes it was a little confusing. Overall it was an ok movie. Although I really wanted to see Walk the Line, but my brother didn't really want to see it. We had fun though hanging out. Their house is like our second home ever since we were young kids.
Surviving Thanksgiving and the Holidays can be difficult, but I am hoping I can survive. Last night we went to a good friend's house from some good Briyani. Needless to say, it was incredible as always. I skipped dessert, and I just had some tea. I hear the dessert was wonderful, but I am trying not to eat after 8pm.

Sunday should be a good day of football, but I do have something called finals to work on and a presentation. I have written out my presentation, but I just have to practice it a few times. I can't wait till this semester is over, and then I can relax for a month. December will keep me crazy busy with the store and everything else going on.

During the holidays, I will be tempted to write more on this blog. I am hoping for a good bowl game for both Mizzou and South Carolina. Hopefully, they can play at night so I can watch both games, but I have this feeling that Mizzou may be playing in an afternoon game on ESPN. I wouldn't be able to watch it because I'll be working.. I am keeping my fingers crossed! Have a good day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home