Friday, December 30, 2005

Mizzou won over Carolina!

I had nine people at my house watching the game.. Everyone was cheering for Carolina except for me. I was wearing this MU vest that my old boss gave me, and I was sad and quiet for the first quarter. USC came out firing 21-0. I was scared it would turn into a blowout, and I wanted a good game. Then MU got an interception and ran it back for a touchdown. It was AMAZING! At the same time, my best friend called me, and I asked her if I could continue to talk to her throughout the game for luck.

Needless to say, she couldn't but it didn't matter. Brad Smith came out firing and running up and down the field. He ran and passed for 451 yards, and he lead the Tigers to beat Steve Spurrier and the Gamecocks. The tides changes once they intercepted the second ball and they marched down field to tie the game 28-28. I was cheering, and my carolina friends were worried. The game tied again, and I thought it couldn't get any better than go into OT. Well, Smith ran in for another TD with 2 minutes left. MU then intercepts the ball a minute later to seal the win.

By winning the game, the heat is taken off of Brad Smith, and Missouri showed great poise. They could have easily given up after being down 21-0 after 8 minutes into the first quarter. Needless to say, they didn't and they kept fighting! I am proud of my Missouri Tigers. Carolina fans need to realize that they will be great next year, and I hope they will win. It was really tough for me because I wanted both teams to win their bowl games. However, playing against each other, I was truly torn. I decided in the end to cheer for MU. I really hope that Mizzou gets good recruitments, and this will only make SC stronger by this loss. They will come out with lots of energy. I have to give a nod to Sidney Rice! He surpassed Sterling Sharpe's record for most yards recieving in a season. I am a huge fan of Sharpe, and Sidney looked great today! Carolina wil only be better next season after this loss!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home