Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

As we start the year of 2008 with making new resolutions, I'm developing a few of my own. One is that I am going to work on updating my blog on a more regular basis (twice a week or more),. I have been a slacker lately for many reasons, but I need to get back to what I truly enjoy!

Another goal of mine this year is to get back to working out and eating right and losing weight and inches. The last few months I have had a few minor setbacks (knee issues, being sick, ACTE convention work), and I hope to make an effort into going back to Curves and walking to and from work and on the weekends.

As I sit on my couch and enjoy watching MU beating Arkansas, I reflect back on things that have happened in the last year. I started going to Curves and losing weight and inches, which is always a great thing and getting to know some really nice people in Northern Virginia. I'm definitely enjoying my apartment and getting to know my neighbors from across the globe. My job is going really well, and we had a successful convention in Las Vegas. The next one is in Charlotte, NC.

In Las Vegas, I worked hard, but I also went and played some blackjack and slot machines. I lost $100 total, but I had a lot of fun. My co-worker, Catherine, and I went up in the Eiffel Tower in the Paris hotel and watched the fountain show and admired the view from above of Las Vegas.

I went home for eight days to see family and friends, which is always a treat! I ate some really good food at Al-amir, Miyo's and Hampton Street Vineyard! I love Hampton Street, and I got a free dinner from my dad because we had bet on which team would win the world series. I picked Boston and daddy picked Colorado! Needless to say, I am very excited the Red Sox won!

In my next entry, I'll write about talking and dating Muslims in DC. Stay tuned...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home