Tuesday, January 22, 2008

MLK Weekend

This weekend was both great and depressing at the same time.. I had a guy from New Jersey come into town and visit, and we had a wonderful time. He is nice, funny, and decent in many ways. We laughed and talked about any and everything, and I felt very comfortable with him. He was a true gentlemen.

We went out to my favorite Thai restaurant, went to Cosi and saw Juno. Juno is a great movie. It's a movie that follow a teenage girl's life who goes through a pregnancy. It is a funny movie.. My date and I had a great time..

Saturday we had lunch at Panera's, which was excellent! I had broccoli cheddar soup in a bread bowl. After lunch we went bowling, he beat me two out of three games. I even had my own bowling ball, and it didn't really help my cause.

Dinner we went to Filomena Ristorante in Georgetown, which was amazing food, especially the dessert. I definitely enjoyed Restaurant Week this week! Earlier I went to a French Restaurant on Monday night called La Bergerie. The food was great, and I went with two of my co-workers. I definitely enjoyed the food this week, and I can't wait till August.

Sunday I went out for brunch to the Royal Restaurant, and it was all you can eat buffet. The food was good, and it definitely has been around for over 100 years. I dropped my friend off in Chinatown for him to catch the bus. He got home safely, and he and I had a great time.

Sunday afternoon was good, but I wish the Patriots would have lost to the San Diego Chargers. Oh well, I would have loved that, but at least I had the Packers to beat the Giants. However, the Packers didn't do as well as I would have liked, and Farve threw two interceptions and lost the game in overtime. Needless to say, the Giants could have won the game in regulation, but their field goal kicker missed two field goals that would have settled it in regulation.

I'm definitely sad that the Packers lost. I wore black today to mourn the loss, and I am praying the G-men beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl. That would be fantastic!!! However, I don't know if it will happen. We will see how it goes in two weeks! I'm going to close, and I'll wrote more on Thursday. I'm feeling under the weather with a major cough and cold at the moment, and I'm heading to bed to get some rest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home